Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Some Recent Reads

     It has been a crazy couple of weeks at our house with company, baseball games that ended at 11:30 p.m. (with a 45-minute drive home), and still continuing to work landscaping/lawn care at my husband's work. Oh, and we even took a short business trip in that time as a family with my husband to Kansas City. I have missed sharing some of my recent reads the past couple of weeks, so let's get to it!

Picture Books


Alex Beard has captivated the essence of rumors and gossip in his charming version of the game of Telephone. A perfect book for the beginning of the year, along with a game of Telephone. I wonder if kids even know how to play...

Early Readers


I have so enjoyed the adventures of Fashion Kitty in her quests to help other kitties in their time of need! Even the titles are part of the great humor. Sure to be a popular series!


Nancy Krulik has another winning series with Magic Bone. Written in a similar style as Krulik's Katie Kazoo and George Brown, Magic Bone is told from Sparky's point of view. Be ready to go on some hilarious "dog" adventure!

Middle Grade



I have enjoyed all of Kate Messner's Silver Jaguar Society mysteries (Capture the Flag, Hide and Seek), but I think this is perhaps my favorite. Lots of great intrigue and historical landmarks in both Boston and Paris. I would have loved this series as an avid kid reader! Hoping for a fourth installment...

Young Adult


Ice Dogs was recommended to me by my public library ladies. What a fabulous read! I am not a survival story kind of girl, but this grabbed my attention from the get go. I couldn't let it go until I had finished. Get out your parka and prepare to "Mush"!

Until next time...Happy Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment